Friday 31 August 2012

San Francisco

Well what a city. First impressions not that great. Cold, dirty, lots of homeless people, rubbish everywhere, graffiti and smelly. Did I mention cold? Had to get my jeans, jumper and shoes & socks out for the first time today.

However, we have spent the day at Fishermans Wharf and that was great. Very touristy area. Caught the tram down there. Had a yum brunch and walked for miles through the shops and market. Simon did a submarine tour. It's on the water but not submerged. Saw 'The Rock' from a distance, get to visit tomorrow - looking forward to that.

Walking home we decided to visit a Westfield shopping centre. I could spend the entire day there! Went to the movies and saw Lawless, based on a true story. Very good - bit gruesome!

Saw a drunk or drugged guy get bowled by a car on the walk home. He was standing in the middle of the road all dressed in black. He got up but will be feeling very sore tomorrow. I feel for the driver - he had no hope of seeing him!

Big cities - I'd take New York over San Francisco any day - but that's me and we still have a couple more days of exploring so my opinion could change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.