Wednesday 8 August 2012

Louisiana Swamp Tour

Bourbon street last night was interesting. Saw a couple of great bands. Also saw some very interesting sights! They said it was a very quiet night. Not sure I would handle a busy one. Tried Po Boys for dinner which are pretty much a subway but much nicer. Great night.

Now onto this morning! What an adventure. I thought I was in my own documentary on the discovery channel about gators in the swamp land. If I had of wore lipstick my ears would have been covered my smile was that big! So was Simons by the way.

Captain Eddie took us on board his 6 seater airboat powered by a 454 Chevy. There were only 4 of us so we had a very intimate experience. It's everything you see i tell ya Didn't take long to spot our 1st gator and then they were easy to find. Helps that the tour guides take out marshmallows to feed them. Captain Eddie had them coming half way out the water to feed out of his hand almost. He would wet the marshmallow a little then tap their snout, they open their mouth wide and he drops the marshmallow in. One got quite close to becoming a passenger on board! I had a moment.

About 10 minutes left of the tour and the thunder and lightening started. When it storms over here it really is a full on storm. Captain Eddie gave us the option to take off back to base or get wet! Being the adventures we are - yep we got wet. Picture jumping into a swimming pool fully clothed. That was us. I honestly loved it.

Back at hotel waiting on clothes to dry then out for "gumbo" for lunch.

Another great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.