Monday 30 July 2012

Visitors Arriving

Another big day. My legs and feet are wearing out.

Left motel and went back down town to sample some moonshine! Wasn't open yesterday cause it was Sunday and Simon wasn't leaving till we tried it. Phew, it has a boot! Bought a jar of the strong stuff to drink on Si's 50th.

Hit the road for Nashville. Si pulled over on the freeway and I had my first turn at driving. Holy moly. Full concentration I tell ya. It's all just so fast. I cruised at an average of 75 mph.

Pulled into a rest stop and happily handed the keys over. Will do a little more each day to build the confidence.

Arrived Nashville and found motel. Went for a drive to book Grand Ole Opry tickets for tomorrow night. Found an amazing resort and got lost in it. Happened to find a Jack Daniels restaurant in the resort. We really are in the right state.

Went downtown, found a boot store so had a bit of a shop. Buy 1 pair get 2 pair free. How could you not? So I now have my official boot scooting digs going on.

Now sitting at airport waiting on friends who are arriving to celebrate Si's 50th with us. How awesome is that. They from Sydney and have been in California a couple of weeks.

My guess is the next few days will be BIG.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.